Tower Hamlets Inclusion Service
Accessible Inclusive Activities
The Inclusion Service supports children and young people to access a range of fun and positive activities at universal settings such as youth services, leisure centres and outdoor activity venues within the borough. This is achieved by:
- Finding out the child’s interests, dreams for the future and matching suitable activities that increases their independence, life skills and confidence
- Supporting mainstream services to meet the needs of the child so they are fully able to participate
Benefits of the Inclusion Service
- Having fun
- Making friends
- Raising self esteem
- Increasing independence
- Increasing life skills
- Becoming more healthy
List of the activity providers on offer are:
- Attlee Centre
- East London Flyerz Hockey Club
- Half Moon Theatre
- Inclusive Swimming Lessons
- RSBC- Health & Well-being Club
- Shadwell Basin Activity Centre
- Spitalfields Farm
- Splash Play
- Stay & Play
- Urban Adventure Base (UAB)
- Urban Gym
- West Ham Football Club
- Wingz BMX
Please have a look at the Inclusion Service activities booklet for details.
Holiday Childcare Scheme
The Tower Hamlets Holiday Childcare Scheme provides childcare for children aged 3 to 13 years old. The holiday provision takes place in Tower Hamlets schools and operates during 9 weeks of the school holidays (excluding the Christmas break), from an option between 8am to 6pm (for working parents) or 9am to 5pm.
The scheme provide a wide range of fun activities following the children’s interests, including, sports, cooking, creative arts and crafts, street dance, Zumba, games, film making and much more.
The Inclusion service offers a limited number of funded places on the scheme for eligible children between the ages of 5-13 years old.
To apply for a place on the Holiday Childcare Scheme, please email Inclusion@towerhamlets.gov.uk to request an application form
How to register to the service
- Be of the ages of 5-17
- Must live in the borough of Tower Hamlets
- Have a disability diagnosis
- In receipt of an EHCP from school
- Be able to cope in a mainstream setting with low level of support & supervision
To register to the inclusion Service, please email email@example.com to request an application form.