Suitable for ages
Age of Users
Tower Hamlets Young Adult Carers provides free one to one and group support for young people who look after a parent or close relative with long term mental illness, physical illness or disability. The service is focussed on emotional wellbeing and provides support for a range of personal issues as well as giving carers regular breaks from their home environment with sessions delivered by experienced staff who are able to listen and respond to their needs.
Tower Hamlets Young Adult Cares provides
Group sessions, including:
• An informal weekly social group for carers to meet and make friends
• Monthly information sessions on topics like mental health, healthy eating, relationships, careers and personal development
• Monthly film club
• Day trips and activities (when not on lockdown) – museums and galleries, cinema and theatre, walking / hiking, residential trips, sporting activities, arts and crafts.
Targeted one to one support, including:
• Carers Needs Assessments
• Employment, education and training
• Welfare benefits
• Mental health / emotional support
Services are aimed at the carer but family members may benefit from support indirectly e.g. through a Carers Needs Assessment.
Cost per Session
Cost per Hour
Cost per Day
Over 2's Cost per Week
Under 2's Cost per Week
|Wednesday||From 09:30||To 17:00|
|Thursday||From 09:30||To 17:00|
|Friday||From 09:30||To 17:00|