Tower Hamlets Family Support Service
NAS Tower Hamlets Family Support Service is a project that is being run by the National Autistic Society in partnership with the London Borough of Tower Hamlets (Integrated Services for Disabled Children) and PCT. We provide support to the parents or carers of children and young people with an autism spectrum disorder (ASD) living in the borough.
We can give advice, information and suggestions to help with the behavioural, emotional and practical challenges of living with a child with an ASD.
Some of the services we offer include:
• A face to face appointment, as soon as requested after diagnosis, to meet families and discuss their needs and concerns
• Information and advice to help families learn more about ASD and gain confidence in meeting their child’s needs
• Signposting to local services appropriate to the needs of the family
• Support in accessing and making referrals to these services
• Ongoing telephone and email support if desired
• Seminars and workshops about ASD that are tailored to the expressed needs of families
• A small lending library of books on ASD and related topics
We can help support any family living in Tower Hamlets with a child or children (up to the age of 19 years) with a diagnosis of an ASD. Our aim is to help parents soon after diagnosis, but we can also offer support at other times of need. We would particularly like to help isolated parents and carers, such as those from minority ethnic communities and single parent families. We can provide interpreters where needed.
A Family Support Worker from this service works with parents and carers with children with Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD) to improve their knowledge of autism and their confidence in caring for their child.
Support is provided through one to one visits, over the telephone or through group workshops and seminars. Support includes sign-posting parents to available services. Support is offered at post-diagnostic stage as well as at other times of need.
Suitable for ages
Age of Users
Cost per Session
Cost per Hour
Cost per Day
Over 2's Cost per Week
Under 2's Cost per Week
Questions & Answers
Can Families Self-Refer To The Service?
Do You Have A Waiting List?
Do You Have Child Protection Policies And Procedures
Eligibility - Can The Service Be Accessed By Extended Family Members Or Carers
Has A Service Description?
Registered For 2 Year Old Grant
OFSTED Last Inspection and Summary