National Autistic Society
The National Autistice Society Autism Helpline is an information and advice service for all those affected by autistic spectrum disorders in the UK. This includes parents, other family members, carers and people with autism or Asperger syndrome.
Services that we provide:
• A home visit, as soon as requested after diagnosis, to meet families and discuss their needs and concerns
• Information and advice to help families learn more about ASDs and gain confidence in meeting their child’s needs
• Information about local services, appropriate to the needs of the family.
• Ongoing telephone support if needed
• Seminars and workshops about ASDs that meet the expressed needs of families
• A lending library of books on ASDs and related topics
• Monthly Stay and Play session
• Parent Group
• Interpreters available