Tower Hamlets Parents Centre
The Tower Hamlets Parents Centre is a registered charitable organisation based in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets. The Centre is a focus for education, training, advice and support for parents, guardians and / or carers of children. It provides a range of services and activities for parents in order to enable them to gain new knowledge, skills and confidence with the objective to increase their involvement and participation in their children’s education and thus raise levels of attainment. It provides support to parents and families to access services such as education, health welfare rights and social services to improve choice and quality of life. It also organises activities, which encourage participation and inclusion with a view to strengthening community cohesion.
Objectives of the Parents Centre:
• To encourage active parental participation in their children’s education
• To provide Literacy, Numeracy and Parenting Skills courses for local women / mothers
• To provide information, education and training for parents to empower them to discharge their duties as parents
• To provide training to build capacity in families
• To support excluded children, truants and children with disciplinary problems through outreach work
• To support parents and families in their children’s admissions and secondary transfer
• To provide supplementary classes for local children
• To provide support for parents/families in accessing services such as Education, Health, Welfare Rights and Social Services
• To work towards building stronger communities by encouraging involvement, participation and inclusion
• To provide a safe and user-friendly environment where parents can meet to share mutual problems and experiences
For further information on current activities taking place at the centre please visit the website: www.parentcentre.org
Drop in sessions:
Monday 13:00pm – 15:00pm
Tuesday 10:00am – 13:00pm
Suitable for ages
Age of Users
Cost per Session
Cost per Hour
Cost per Day
Over 2's Cost per Week
Under 2's Cost per Week
Questions & Answers
Are The Premises Accessible For Wheelchair Users?
Can Families Self-Refer To The Service?
Do You Have Car Parking Spaces?
Do You Have Child Protection Policies And Procedures
Do You Offer Specific Support For Children With Additional Needs?
Has A Service Description?
Registered For 2 Year Old Grant
OFSTED Last Inspection and Summary