Careers Young Workpath offers independent, impartial and free careers information, advice and guidance for young people at risk of NEET (13-19 years) (up to 25 years with an EHCP) and those who are NEET (16-19 years) (up to 25 with an EHCP). This includes young people with special needs, Looked After Children and Young People known to the YOT.
We offer individual appointments (am only) or a drop in service (1pm-5pm) Monday - Friday. Telephone: 0207 364 1401 to arrange an appointment.
- One-to-one careers guidance sessions with qualified Careers Advisers
- We offer each young person individual support to help them identify their career aim, realise their aspirations and plan their future.
- We have up to date careers information and labour market information locally and nationally
- Support to develop employability skills including job search techniques; help to complete a CV, application forms and to prepare for job interviews.
- Access to jobs, apprenticeships and training opportunities and personal development opportunities
- Broker young people onto appropriate personal development opportunities
- Interactive computer careers packages to explore career ideas further
- Advice and guidance on getting into Further and Higher Education
- Produce destination information for 16 & 17 year old school/college leavers and NEET data.
- We work in close partnership with schools, colleges, universities, youth service, voluntary and community organisations as well as employers, training and apprenticeship providers.
- A website with a range of information for young people, parents/carers and professionals. www.towerhamlets.gov.uk/youngworkpath
Parents/carers can attend careers interviews if the young person agrees.
Careers Advisers attend Parents Evenings at schools and colleges and this is an opportunity for you to talk to the Adviser about your child’s future plans.
Parents/carers can access Careers Young Workpath website for more information about options and choices post 16. Careers Advisers will attend and contribute to your child’s annual reviews.