Suitable for ages
Age of Users
Fern Street Family Centre is a charity and voluntary sector project is here to help families with children aged 0-11 live life to the full in Bow.
We were formerly known as Fern Street Settlement.
We offer: free or low-cost play and early learning activities for children under 5, out-of-school clubs and holiday activities for older children and a wide variety of groups to support parents including ESOL, wellbeing and exercise, and parenting courses and workshops.
We also work individually with families to help them get on top of the challenges of family life and access local services.
- Mums ESOL Conversation club (drop-in, women-only)
- Pre-entry ESOL course (closed session, women-only)
- ESOL for Wellbeing – for parents working at entry levels 1-3 (closed session)
- Parents cooking group (open session)
- Let’s Move! Exercise, activity and well-being group for parents
One-to-one family support (self-refer, or by referral)
Parenting Workshops and courses
- Nuturing Programme (Family Links) 10 week parenting course for parents of children aged 0-11 (closed session)
- Schoolkit workshops (closed session)
- Early Learning Matters workshops: learning more about how child development and stimulating your child’s learning through play (drop-in, parents of ages 0-5 (open session, drop-in)
- Fun Family English – family learning ESOL for parents of children under 5 (closed session)
- Art and cookery family learning groups (open sessions)
After School and Holiday activities
- StagE3 performing arts club for ages 4-7 (drop-in)
- Afterschool club for ages 6-11 (drop-in)
- Holiday activities and trips for children and families
Cost per Session
Cost per Hour
Cost per Day
Over 2's Cost per Week
Under 2's Cost per Week
|Monday||From 09:00||To 17:30|
|Tuesday||From 11:00||To 17:30|
|Wednesday||From 09:00||To 17:30|
|Thursday||From 09:00||To 17:30|
|Friday||From 09:00||To 17:30|