Parental Engagement Team - Emotional First Aid
The Emotional First Aid (EFA) course increases parents’ understanding of mental well-being and the impact of their emotional health on their children and young people.
The EFA course supports parents to understand how their own emptions and stress may impact upon family life and parenting.
The EFA course providers parents with a safe environment to reflect on their own experiences, learn how their own emotional health impacts on their family and be more attuned to distress and anxiety in their children’s lives.
EFA is delivered over 6 weeks and sessions support parents and carers to:
• Identify early signs of emotional distress and anxiety in themselves and their children
• Recognise and understand their own emotional needs
• Understand and develop a positive approach to emotional health and well-being
• Develop and enhance self esteem
• Recognise the benefits for children when parents are emotionally well
EFS empowers parents to identify behaviours of children and young people which may indicate anxiety and stress that could lead to mental health problems in later life.