Suitable for ages
Age of Users
Step Forward provides support to young people who are facing disadvantage and enable them to thrive, develop, grow and reach their full potential in life.
How do we do it?
We provide a safe and welcoming space for young people to talk and get the support they need, when they need it.
Our services are free, confidential, accessible to all and continually evolving to ensure they are always relevant and responsive.
We put together personalised packages of support tailored for each individual young person that will help them to feel better equipped and motivated to deal with difficulties.
We are dedicated to recruiting, retaining and developing exceptional staff, volunteers, and trustees.
Free & confidential services for all young people aged 11-25, living in & around Tower Hamlets, East London.
Seeing one of the Counsellors at Step Forward gives you a chance to speak to someone in confidence about anything that is on your mind. What you want to talk about may be happening now, it may have happened in the past or you may not even be sure what’s wrong.
• You might want someone to talk to because there are difficulties to face, decisions you need to make, or because you feel worried, upset and confused
• You can talk about anything you would like to in counselling, no matter how big or small your issues may feel
• You can share how you’re feeling without being judged or told what to do; the counsellor will respect you and how you are trying to work things out for yourself
• You can see a counsellor once, for just a few sessions or for longer term – the choice is yours
The Personal Development Team at Step Forward can provide a package of support designed to develop your confidence, communication skills and raise self-esteem.
• We can work with you to build on your strengths, challenge difficulties and develop and learn new skills
• You can talk to us about ways to deal with any issues affecting your life
• You can choose to work with us in both one to one and small group sessions, using creative, supportive and innovative methods such as artwork, role plays, worksheets, goal setting and action planning
• You can work at your own pace to achieve your goals and there may be opportunities to gain accreditation for your work
Sexual Health Clinic:
The Forward Thinking clinic at Step Forward operates on Thursdays from 3pm -7 pm providing a friendly and professional service at the drop-in clinic.
• Fully confidential sexual health service for under 22s. You can talk to a wellbeing worker or see the nurse.
• You can access free condoms, free contraception, free pregnancy tests, free emergency hormonal contraception (morning after pill), and sexual health screens for infections (including HIV testing). Or simply come for advice, information, and support on sexuality, relationships, pregnancy, and sexual health
• We work with all young people, including young boys and men, lesbian, gay and bisexual people and those questioning their sexuality
• You don’t have to be sexually active or in a relationship to come to clinic and we don’t make assumptions about you
The Step Out Project at Step Forward is a free and confidential fun and dynamic service for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgendered young people and those questioning their sexual and/or gender identity.
We provide a friendly and safe space for LGBTQ young people to explore, learn, discuss and socialise. You will be able to access both 1-2-1 support with one of our team and get the opportunity to meet other young people at our regular social and support groups.
No one at Step Forward will judge you or tell you what to do. We will offer support, guidance and a listening ear to help you to think through any difficulties you might have and help you be the person you want to be.
Cost per Session
Cost per Hour
Cost per Day
Over 2's Cost per Week
Under 2's Cost per Week
|Monday||From 10:00||To 19:00|
|Tuesday||From 10:00||To 19:00|
|Wednesday||From 10:00||To 19:00|
|Thursday||From 10:00||To 18:00|
|Friday||From 10:00||To 18:00|
|Saturday||From 11:00||To 16:00|