Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) resources
Specialist services for children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
- Personal budgets
- Special Schools
- All schools support
- Early years support for children with additional needs
- SEND Young People's Information Advice and Support Service
- Funding for SEN in mainstream schools
- SEN support
- Guidance for Health Services for Children and Young People with Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND)
- Parental Request Form for Education Health and Care Needs Assessment
If you feel your child's needs are not being met at school support level you can request a full assessment of your child's needs.
- Guidelines for Education Health and Care Needs Assessments
For schools, colleges and other professionals supporting children and young people with SEND in Tower Hamlets.
- Tower Hamlets Support for Learning Service (SLS)
- Targeted support
- Accessibility Plan
- Travel assistance
- What if I don’t agree with decisions about SEN provision?
- SEND Strategy Early Engagement Summary 2017
- What information Tower Hamlets expects schools and settings to provide for children, young people with SEND and their families
- Evaluation of the Annual Person Centred Reviews
- SEND: 19- to 25-year-olds’ entitlement to Education Health and Care plans
- Glossary of Terms and Acronyms
- EHCP Assessment Process
- Bullying UK
Help for parents, children and schools.
- Contact a Family A national charity for families with disabled children that provides information, advice and support.
- Council for Disabled Children An umbrella body for the disabled children's sector bringing together professionals, practitioners and policy-makers.
- Independent Parental Special Education Advice (IPSEA)
Free advice on appealing to the special educational needs tribunal.
- National Deaf Children's Society (NDCS)
Provides support, information and advice for deaf children, young people, their families and professionals working with them.
- Young Minds
Children's mental health charity.
- Talking Point
Information on children’s communication.
Provides detailed access information to thousands of venues across the UK including London. Includes restaurants, cinemas, theatres, railway stations.
TfA can help with general enquiries regarding accessible transport in London.
- Transport for London (TfL) Accessibility
London has a wide range of accessible transport options so that everyone can get around.