What Parents and Carers Need To Know
Schools Update - Tower Hamlets has released some important information regarding the re-opening of nurseries and schools from the beginning of June. Look here for more information.
The Department for Education has released information for parents and carers on the the reopening of schools and other educational settings. See here for more information
Government Guidelines - What are the Government saying, take a look at the latest government guidance regarding the closure of schools
Coronavirus Fraud and Common Scams - Unfortunately there are a lot of opportunists and scam artists out there and the COVID-19 Virus has given some the perfect opportunity to target the vulnerable and unaware. Look at the information provided here and stay safe against these fraudsters
Free School Meals - Do you want to know more about Free School Meals? Take a look at Tower Hamlets guide.
How do I know if I am eligible for Free School Meals?
Your child may be eligible to get Free School Meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-Based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190 per year)
- Working Tax Credit run-on-paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1st April 2018 your houshold income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you received)
Do you need Support with Food?
First Love Foundation - Referrals Only. First Love Foundation are offering deliveries to vulnerable individuals who are self-isolating or experiencing income shock. You must complete a referral form and email the completed form to First Love Foundation - for more information call 020 3069 9877
Bow Food Bank (Drop In) - St Mary's Church, 230 Bow Road, London, E3 3AH; Monday drop in between 09:30 - 12:30 - you can contact the Bow Food bank by email
Bethnal Green Food Bank (Drop In) - St Matthew's Church, St Matthew's Row, London, E2 6DT; drop in's take place the 1st and 3rd Friday of the month between 10:00 & 12:00 - for more information you can call 020 7739 7586 or email
Foodcycle - The Methodist Church, 1 Merchant Street, London, E3 4LY. Takeaway service on Fridays at 19:00. This service is open for anyone with a special emphasis for those who may be vulnerable
Or just need to know who will deliver?
There are now lots of local shops providing a delivery service to everyone - why not take a look and see if they are delivering in your area
- Chefs Choice - Fruit, Vegetables and everyday essentials
- Husseys in Wapping - Fresh Meat, Vegetables and Fruit
- Crosstown Doughnuts - Fruit, Vegetables and everyday essentials
- Lolas Kitchen - Grocery Boxes, delivered in 48 hours
- Natoora - Fruit, Vegetables and everyday essentials
- Pale Green Dot - Vegetables
- Harwoods of London - Fruit and Vegetables
- First Choice - Fruit, Vegetables and everyday essentials
- Natures Choice - Fruit and Vegetables
- Little Farm - All Groceries and Wine
- Farmdrop - Fruit, Vegetables and Meat
- Hello Fresh - Recipe boxes with meal ingredients
- Potage - Fresh Ready Meals
- The Detox Kitchen - Fresh Ready Meals
- Beelivery - Snacks
- Love Shack - Fruit, Vegetables and other necessities to the E2 area
- Tower Green Hamlets - Weekly Fruit and Vegetable boxes
- Steve Hatt Fishmongers - Offering free delivery in the Weavers Ward area. The team till take orders and process card payments over the telephone. To place an order or for more information call Tony on 020 7226 3963
School Admission and Appeals - to find out more read our guide here
Health - Are you unsure about whether to go to the Dr's or Hospital then why not see this guide for more information. It is important if you are sick to seek medical advice.
Services - Majority of services are still open, to find out more take a look at our Services page, but if you can't find what you are looking for or just need more information and advice then call the Family Information Service on 020 7364 6495
Send & COVID 19 - Update