Information for Vulnerable Clients
Support for Medically Vulnerable
COVID-19 Medically Vulnerable Support
Early Learning and Childcare support for Key Workers and Vulnerable Children. The government has asked schools and all childcare providers, including childminders, to continue to provide care for children who are vulnerable and children of key workers who cannot be safely cared for at home.
While as many early years childcare providers as possible are trying to stay open for eligible children, capacity may be impacted by staff illness.
There are sufficient places locally for families who need one, and we are working closely with local childcare providers to manage demand.
- are a key worker (full list of key worker roles)
- have vulnerable children
East London Cares Family
East London Cares Family has re-invented alone together programmes for older adults, focusing on virtual interation. These new programmes ensure that over 65s can still feel part of their community during these challenging times.
These programmes include:
- Friendship over the phone: Matching older and younger neighbours together for regular phone calls, about four a week for roughly 15-20 minutes
- Virtual Social Clubs: Virtual get-togethers between older (65+) and younger people living in Tower Hamlets and Hackney
- Postal activity packs: Free monthly postal packs, which include an activity for every day of the month to do at home. Visit the Cares Family Website for more information
If you or someone you know would benefit from a phone call from the organisatino you can make a referral here
Vulnerable Person Assistance
If you are a vulnerable person with a medical condition and need support then register here or ask someone to register for you
Elderly, Vulnerable Shopping
Buying Food for Others - Major supermarkets including ASDA, M&S, Waitrose and Sainsbury's have launched a dedicated Volunteer Shopping Card, which allos self-isolating shoppers to buy a voucher online and give it to a volunteer to use on their behalf in store.
Collection and Delivery (Local Shops)
- Herbert's Fruit and Veg Stall, 112 Roman Road, Globe Town, London, E2 0RN. Marc Herbert is delivering grocery sop boxes to local postcodes from 14:00 each day. Get in touch via a messsage on Instagram to place orders. The stall is also open for those who need to go out for essentials
- Leila's Shop - Calvert Avenue, E2. Leila's Shop is taking orders between 10:00 - 12:00 and asking people to collect after 13:00. Leila's Shop is also doing free delivery for those vulnerable and isolating in Weavers Ward. Leila is offering a free treat to anyone self-isolating and alone. Leila can be reached on 020 7729 9789
- Simply Fresh - 201-203 Roman Road, E2 0QY. Open from 07:00 - 11:00. They are also offering a delivery service for the elderly and vulnerable who cannot leave their homes. Get in touch by telephone 020 8981 2996 or by email
- Steve Hatt Fishmongers - Offering free delivery in the Weavers Ward area. The team till take orders and process card payments over the telephone. To place an order or for more information call Tony on 020 7226 3963
- Barge East, River Lea, Sweetwater Mooring, E9 5EN. Selling fresh Meat or Fruit and Vegetable boxes, including items such as Tofu and Buckwheat, which can be collected between 12:00 - 17:00 every Wednesday, or they can be deliver to your home for a small fee. NHS Workers and Vulnerable people will not have to pay for delivery
- Tower Green Hamlets - Weekly Fruit and Vegetable Boxes delivered to East London residents. The scheme is operated from Stepney City Farm, and the scheme has expanded to serve more isolated and vulnerable people
- Chefs Choice Restaurant is now delivering fresh vegetables, fruits and essentials
- ICELAND - EVERYDAY; 09:00 - 11:00 EVERY Wednesday exclusively for the Elderly and Vulnerable
Collection and Delivery (Larger Shops)
- Sainsbury's - 1 Cambridge Heath Road, London, E1 5SD 020 7247 2604 - Priorty access to delivery slots will be given to customers who are shielding or in isolation. Dedicate in-store shopping hours for the Elderly and Vulnerable between 08:00 - 09:00 on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Also Click and Collect, Home Delivery and Volunteer pick up is available. If you are a vulnerable customer you can book a food delivery by calling 0800 328 1700
- Waitrose - 41 Thomas Moore Street, St Katherine's Docks, E1W 1YY 020 7702 1640 - Available as click and collect, home delivery and volunteer pick up
- Waitrose - 416-19 Canada Square, Canary Wharf, E14 5EW 020 7719 0300 - Available as click and collect, home delivery and volunteer pick up
- Tesco - Hancock Road, Bow, E3 3DA - Vulnerable customers who are isolating or shielding can get priority access to delivery by calling 0345 677 9085 - available as click and collect, home delivery or volunteer pick up
- ASDA - 151 East Ferry Road, Isle of Dogs, E14 3BT 020 7987 2614 - available as click and collect, home delivery and volunteer pick up. Click and collect slots are available on a first come first serve basis and can be ordered from anywhere. Vulnerable customers who are isolating or shielding can get priority access to home delivery slots, available for residents living in E14 and E1W postcodes
Support with Food
- Foodbanks - Drop-in/Open Access
- Bethnal Green Food Bank - St Matthew's Church, St Matthew's Row, London, E2 6DT; drop in's take place the 1st and 3rd Friday of the month between 10:00 & 12:00 - for more information you can call 020 7739 7586 or email
- Bow Food Bank - Bromley by Bow Centre, St Leonards Street, Bromley by Bow, London, E3 3BT (Entrance through the park on Bruce Road or St Leonards Street); Monday drop in between 09:30 - 12:30 - you can contact the Bow Food bank by email
- Neighbours in Poplar - St Matthias Community Centre, 113 Poplar High Street, Poplar, London, E14 0AE. Open every day 10:00 - 13:00. Walk-in service is available although you should call in advance for requests of support 020 7987 0257
- Salvation Army, Kerbey Street, E14 6AJ. Drop-in on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 10:30 - 11:30. Contact David on 020 7987 9405
- Toynbee Hall, Spitalfields, London, E1 6LS is hosting Solidarity Britannia, a food bank for residents with no recourse to public funds.
- St Dunstan's Food Bank, Stepney High Street, London, E1 0NR is supporting 40 families and individuals. It is open for donations and to collect food Tuesday to FRiday 10:00 - 16:00 and Saturday 10:00 - 15:00. It is closed Sunday and Monday.
- St Luke's Food Bank, Alpha Grove, London, E14 8LH. Tuesdays and Wednesdays 10:00 - 12:00. Deliveries can also be arranged on Mondays and Thursday, for more information call 020 7538 9862 or email
- Linc Centre, 70 FernStreet, London, E3 3PR, Wednesdays 14:00 - 16:00, please call Ikran or Safia (Women's Inclusive Team) on 020 7790 2650
- Foodcycle - The Methodist Church, 1 Merchant Street, London, E3 4LY. Takeaway service on Fridays at 19:00. This service is open for anyone with a special emphasis for those who may be vulnerable
- Area Specific Foodbanks
- Christ Church, Isle of Dogs, 151 Manchester Road, Cubitt Town, London, E14 3DR. If you need help and you live in the Isle of Dogs you should call 020 3488 4594
- Dorset Community Association, Diss Street, London, E2 7QX (for residents of Dorset Estate and Columbia Road area). Please call Nazrul on 07984 966 565 to order a food bag. Bags can be collecte or delivered on Thursday and Friday afternoons
- Ensign Youth Club, Wellclose Square (off the Highway), London, E1 8HY. Collection Monday, Wednesday and Friday 10:00 - 13:00. For residents of St Katherines area, please contact Shafee on 07949 573 730 or 020 7702 3340
- Hot Meals - Walk In or Delivery
- Whitechapel Mission 212 Whitechapel Road, London, E1 1BJ - Serving Breakfast Monday - Sunday 06:00 - 11:00
- St John on Bethnal Green, 200 Cambridge Heath Road, Bethnal Green, London, E2 2PA 'Tuesday Night Bights' - Hot meals provided every Tuesday 18:00 - 19:00
- Women's Inclusive Team are running a Meals of Wheels service by referral or in response to calls from vulnerable residents. Bike works will deliver the food. For more information contact Ikran or Safia on 020 7790 2650
Limehouse Project providing a Luncheon Club for the Elderly - door to door delivery if hot food. Email for more information or call 020 7538 0075