Information for Vulnerable Clients
Support for Medically Vulnerable
Clinically extremely vulnerable - People with serious underlying health conditions who are most at risk of severe illness from coronavirus have previously been advised by the government to self-isolate (known as shielding).
COVID-19 Medically Vulnerable Support
Early Learning and Childcare support for Key Workers and Vulnerable Children. The government has asked schools and all childcare providers, including childminders, to continue to provide care for children who are vulnerable and children of key workers who cannot be safely cared for at home. While as many early years childcare providers as possible are trying to stay open for eligible children, capacity may be impacted by staff illness.
There are sufficient places locally for families who need one, and we are working closely with local childcare providers to manage demand.
- Are you a key worker (full list of key worker roles)
- Have vulnerable children
Covid-19 isolation support for Poplar and Bow
Housing organisation Poplar Harca has launched a new dedicated phone line to offer support for Poplar and Bow residents who need to self-isolate because of Covid-19. The Covid and Isolation Community Support Hub (Bow and Poplar), run by Poplar HARCA staff and local volunteers, can help with:
- Collection of medication
- Walfare benefits advice
- Foodbank assistance
If you live in Poplar or Bow and need help or advice with any difficulties while you stay at home, you can call 020 7005 7608 Monday to Friday, 9:30am – 4:30pm.
East London Cares Family
East London Cares Family has re-invented alone together programmes for older adults, focusing on virtual interation. These new programmes ensure that over 65s can still feel part of their community during these challenging times.
These programmes include:
- Friendship over the phone - Matching older and younger neighbours together for regular phone calls, about four a week for roughly 15-20 minutes
- Virtual Social Clubs - Virtual get-togethers between older (65+) and younger people living in Tower Hamlets and Hackney
- Postal activity packs - Free monthly postal packs, which include an activity for every day of the month to do at home. Visit the Cares Family Website for more information
If you or someone you know would benefit from a phone call from the organisation, please make a referral.
Elderly, Vulnerable Shopping
Buying Food for Others - Major supermarkets including ASDA, M&S, Waitrose and Sainsbury's have launched a dedicated Volunteer Shopping Card, which allows self-isolating shoppers to buy a voucher online and give it to a volunteer to use on their behalf in store.
Collection and Delivery (Local Shops)
- Herbert's Fruit and Veg Stall, 112 Roman Road, Globe Town, London, E2 0RN. Marc Herbert is delivering grocery sop boxes to local postcodes from 2pm each day. Get in touch via a messsage on Instagram to place orders. The stall is also open for those who need to go out for essentials
- Leila's Shop - Calvert Avenue, E2. Leila's Shop is taking orders between 10am - 12pm and asking people to collect after 1pm. Leila's Shop is also doing free delivery for those vulnerable and isolating in Weavers Ward. Leila is offering a free treat to anyone self-isolating and alone. Leila can be reached on 020 7729 9789
- Simply Fresh - 201-203 Roman Road, E2 0QY. Open from 7 - 11am. They are also offering a delivery service for the elderly and vulnerable who cannot leave their homes.
Get in touch by telephone 020 8981 2996 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Steve Hatt Fishmongers - Offering free delivery in the Weavers Ward area. The team till take orders and process card payments over the telephone. To place an order or for more information call Tony on 020 7226 3963
- Barge East, River Lea, Sweetwater Mooring, E9 5EN. Selling fresh Meat or Fruit and Vegetable boxes, including items such as Tofu and Buckwheat, which can be collected between 12- 7 pm every Wednesday, or they can be deliver to your home for a small fee. NHS Workers and Vulnerable people will not have to pay for delivery.
- Tower Green Hamlets - Weekly Fruit and Vegetable Boxes delivered to East London residents. The scheme is operated from Stepney City Farm, and the scheme has expanded to serve more isolated and vulnerable people.
- Chefs Choice Restaurant is now delivering fresh vegetables, fruits and essentials
Collection and Delivery (Larger Shops)
- Sainsbury's - 1 Cambridge Heath Road, London, E1 5SD, Priorty access to delivery slots will be given to customers who are shielding or in isolation. Dedicate in-store shopping hours for the Elderly and Vulnerable between 8-9am on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Also Click and Collect, Home Delivery and Volunteer pick up is available. If you are a vulnerable customer you can book a food delivery by calling 020 7247 2604/ 0800 328 1700
- Waitrose - 41 Thomas Moore Street, St Katherine's Docks, E1W 1YY 020 7702 1640 - Available as click and collect, home delivery and volunteer pick up
- Waitrose - 416-19 Canada Square, Canary Wharf, E14 5EW 020 7719 0300 - Available as click and collect, home delivery and volunteer pick up
- Tesco - Hancock Road, Bow, E3 3DA - Vulnerable customers who are isolating or shielding can get priority access to delivery by calling 0345 677 9085 - available as click and collect, home delivery or volunteer pick up
- ASDA - 151 East Ferry Road, Isle of Dogs, E14 3BT 020 7987 2614 - available as click and collect, home delivery and volunteer pick up. Click and collect slots are available on a first come first serve basis and can be ordered from anywhere. Vulnerable customers who are isolating or shielding can get priority access to home delivery slots, available for residents living in E14 and E1W postcodes