Are you struggling financially? The links below provides information on where to get help.
- Tower Hamlets has produced a booklet with lots of useful information including Foodbanks, Grants, Community Services and lots lots more. Why not take a look at the Tower Hamlets Booklet today
- The Government has announced £37 million to support Children with Complex Needs, read the article here for more information. The Family Fund provides grants to low-income families raising disabled or seriously ill children and young people, and aims to improve their quality of life by paying for a wide range of items that can ease the daily pressure. You can look at the criteria here
- Tower Hamlets Council Residents Support Scheme can help with short term support for food/utility bills/white goods and other urgent needs. If applying, please give full details of your family's circumstances and scome schools still have parent support workers that can support applications, if they are open
- Made of Money - 020 8983 5043 or email and website
Welfare/Benefits/Council Tax - For information about local organisations offering advice on Universal Credit and other welfare issues, visit Tower Hamlets Community Advice Network or for support with your Council Tax call 020 7364 5002
Tower Hamlets Council Schools Updates including information on FREE school meals
The DFE Guidance for FREE School Meals states that if schools are unable to provide meals or food parecels, they can provide families of pupils eligible for benefits related for free school meals with supermarket vouchers. If you have any difficulty accessing food through your childs school please complete this form
- Foodbanks - Drop-in/Open Access
- Bethnal Green Food Bank - St Matthew's Church, St Matthew's Row, London, E2 6DT; drop in's take place the 1st and 3rd Friday of the month between 10:00 & 12:00 - for more information you can call 020 7739 7586 or email
- Bow Food Bank - Bromley by Bow Centre, St Leonards Street, Bromley by Bow, London, E3 3BT (Entrance through the park on Bruce Road or St Leonards Street); Monday drop in between 09:30 - 12:30 - you can contact the Bow Food bank by email
- Neighbours in Poplar - St Matthias Community Centre, 113 Poplar High Street, Poplar, London, E14 0AE. Open every day 10:00 - 13:00. Walk-in service is available although you should call in advance for requests of support 020 7987 0257
- Salvation Army, Kerbey Street, E14 6AJ. Drop-in on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 10:30 - 11:30. Contact David on 020 7987 9405
- Toynbee Hall, Spitalfields, London, E1 6LS is hosting Solidarity Britannia, a food bank for residents with no recourse to public funds.
- St Dunstan's Food Bank, Stepney High Street, London, E1 0NR is supporting 40 families and individuals. It is open for donations and to collect food Tuesday to FRiday 10:00 - 16:00 and Saturday 10:00 - 15:00. It is closed Sunday and Monday.
- St Luke's Food Bank, Alpha Grove, London, E14 8LH. Tuesdays and Wednesdays 10:00 - 12:00. Deliveries can also be arranged on Mondays and Thursday, for more information call 020 7538 9862 or email
- Linc Centre, 70 FernStreet, London, E3 3PR, Wednesdays 14:00 - 16:00, please call Ikran or Safia (Women's Inclusive Team) on 020 7790 2650
- Foodcycle - The Methodist Church, 1 Merchant Street, London, E3 4LY. Takeaway service on Fridays at 19:00. This service is open for anyone with a special emphasis for those who may be vulnerable
- Area Specific Foodbanks
- Christ Church, Isle of Dogs, 151 Manchester Road, Cubitt Town, London, E14 3DR. If you need help and you live in the Isle of Dogs you should call 020 3488 4594
- Dorset Community Association, Diss Street, London, E2 7QX (for residents of Dorset Estate and Columbia Road area). Please call Nazrul on 07984 966 565 to order a food bag. Bags can be collecte or delivered on Thursday and Friday afternoons
- Ensign Youth Club, Wellclose Square (off the Highway), London, E1 8HY. Collection Monday, Wednesday and Friday 10:00 - 13:00. For residents of St Katherines area, please contact Shafee on 07949 573 730 or 020 7702 3340
- Hot Meals - Walk In or Delivery
- Whitechapel Mission 212 Whitechapel Road, London, E1 1BJ - Serving Breakfast Monday - Sunday 06:00 - 11:00
- St John on Bethnal Green, 200 Cambridge Heath Road, Bethnal Green, London, E2 2PA 'Tuesday Night Bights' - Hot meals provided every Tuesday 18:00 - 19:00
- Women's Inclusive Team are running a Meals of Wheels service by referral or in response to calls from vulnerable residents. Bike works will deliver the food. For more information contact Ikran or Safia on 020 7790 2650
Limehouse Project providing a Luncheon Club for the Elderly - door to door delivery if hot food. Email for more information or call 020 7538 0075
- Free School Meals - Do you want to know more about Free School Meals? Take a look at Tower Hamlets guide.
How do I know if I am eligible for Free School Meals?
Your child may be eligible to get Free School Meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-Based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190 per year)
- Working Tax Credit run-on-paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1st April 2018 your houshold income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you received)
If you have received an eCode Voucher and the website is telling you you have entered an incorrect cove please contact Edenred Direct on 0333 400 5932 or email
If you need more information or advice regarding Free School Meals you can contact the Family Information Service on 020 7364 6495 or email