Audiology Diagnostic Service
Our service aims to deliver a welcoming and collaborative service to provide the best possible care to our service users.
The service provides:
Second Tier Service
• Timely diagnostic testing for children following referrals from the school hearing screen.
• Diagnostic assessment of children suspected of hearing loss or as part of the speech and language therapy assessment
• Continued monitoring of children who require regular hearing reviews
Third Tier Services
• Service users who have hearing and balance difficulties
• Age appropriate diagnostic assessment and rehabilitative (hearing aid) services for children with hearing impairment.
• Timely diagnostic testing for newborns following referrals from the newborn hearing screening.
• Appropriate and timely referrals for specialist intervention services such as cochlear implants and bone anchored hearing aids
• Continued audiological support to children with hearing loss and their families in the educational set up by working with specialist teachers of the hearing impaired and Special Educational Needs Co-ordinators (SENCOs).
• Wax removal service for children with hearing aids and children with persistent conductive hearing loss due to wax occlusion
We are part of a sector wide professional network and take part in peer review supervision in order to continue professional development.
User engagement is crucial to the improvement and development of our service. We have two local children’s hearing services working groups (CHSWG), actively led by parents, involving multi professional and voluntary agencies.
Referrals for patients into our service can be made by their GP or other allied health professional. Opening hours for the clinics are 9.00am – 16:30pm Monday- Friday.