Suitable for ages
Age of Users
The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award is all about going the extra mile – gaining new skills, pushing yourself physically, helping others and exploring new territories. At the same time, you will gather friendships, experiences and memories that will last a lifetime.
The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award is all about going the extra mile – gaining new skills, pushing yourself physically, helping others and exploring new territories. At the same time, you will gather friendships, experiences and memories that will last a lifetime. You need to be 13 to 24, and you can choose the activities that motivate you and go on your own personal journey. The duke of Edinburgh helps you stand out from the crowd when you apply for college, university or jobs.
Adventure Club –
Wednesday, Thursday and Friday’s
Open access sessions for young people aged 10-25 with progressive adventurous activities at its core. Activities include:
• Canoeing and kayaking (Wednesday’s)
• Mountain Biking (Thursday’s)
• Cookery (Thursday’s)
• Indoor rock climbing (Friday’s)
• BMX, skateboarding (Friday’s)
Activities can lead to nationally recognised qualifications including: National Indoor Climbing Award Scheme (NICAS) and the BCU Paddle Power.
All sessions are inclusive, young people with physical and learning difficulties are welcome.
- A consent form must be completed and signed by parents (if under 18) before taking part in activities.)
- All sessions are free to Tower Hamlet’s residents and school goers. A contribution costs may be applied to some residential, expeditions and trips.
- All protective equipment related to activities is provided, sensible clothes and a spare change of clothes if padding is recommended.
- All sessions are delivered by competent and qualified staff.
Cost per Session
Cost per Hour
Cost per Day
Over 2's Cost per Week
Under 2's Cost per Week
|Monday||From 17:00||To 19:30|
|Wednesday||From 16:30||To 20:30|
|Thursday||From 16:30||To 20:30|
|Friday||From 16:30||To 20:30|