Parenting programmes actively support parents and carers to build upon their existing parenting skills and build positive relationships with their children.
The Parent Factor ADHD is a 6 week parenting programme suitable for parents and carers of children with a diagnosis of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) aged 5-16 years (25 years for people with SEND)
The programme aims to support parents and significant adults in a child’s life to build relationships with their child and understand the diagnosis and treatment of ADHD.
This programme will:
• Increase parents knowledge of ADHD and its treatment
• Give parents and insight into how it feels to be a child with ADHD
• Offer advice on how to promote a more positive relationships with their child
• Explore strategies for effective behaviour management
• Support parents to establish networks of support
One-one parenting support is also available for families that have more complex needs or difficulties.