Suitable for ages
Age of Users
The Sporting Bengal Football Academy (SBFA) was established in May 2012 with the support of ex-professional footballer Anwar Uddin. It was identified that local talented footballers were not fulfilling their true potential due to lack of structured football training from an early age and because of no clear pathways to professional football. With the support of Anwar Uddin, the academy got off to a great start. In the open trials period more than 200 children came in the first 2 weeks. In the first year over 50 boys registered and in the second year over 60 boys registered. The community has welcomed the initiative and it has had great support from the parents.
The academy is open every Tuesday’s from 6pm- 8pm at Stepney Green Astro pitch and currently 8 coaches working with around 75 boys every week. The academy offers children from 6-16 the opportunity to receive structured football coaching from FA Level 2 qualified coaches who come from different ethnic backgrounds. The academy is open to all children in Tower Hamlets and neighbouring boroughs.
The aim is to engage children into sports from an early age and support the talented players to move to academies of professional clubs. The academy has 4 youth teams playing in East London and Essex (ELE) Junior League and has encouraged many parents to start supporting their children’s development. There is an academy team for under 10s, 11s, 12 and 15-16s.
Apart from the football, children improve their confidence, motivation, communication skills, discipline and fitness. They make friends, enjoy and develop as a person. The academy has built up a good reputation and children and parents appreciate this.
We would like to thank everyone involved with the academy, coaches, parents, volunteers for helping to make it a real success. This year we are hoping it to be even bigger and better.
Aims & Objectives
1. To be a leading community grassroots sports and youth organisation in the U.K. and beyond.
2. Deliver innovative and ground-breaking projects to our users and stakeholders which challenge the status quo.
3. To use sports as a tool to enhance community members spiritually, socially, physically and empower them to achieve their goals.
4. To deliver projects and activities promoting healthy living, community cohesion and inclusion, community safety and good citizenship.
5. To unite the community by working in partnership with members, voluntary, public and private sector organisations and fostering the “ community spirit “ amongst all stakeholders.
6. To recognise the contribution made by individuals and groups to the community by presenting special awards.
Cost per Session
Cost per Hour
Cost per Day
Over 2's Cost per Week
Under 2's Cost per Week
|Tuesday||From 10:00||To 18:00|
|Wednesday||From 10:00||To 18:00|
|Thursday||From 10:00||To 18:00|