Suitable for ages
Age of Users
What happens in the Positive Change Programme?
We know it can be tough facing up to difficult problems. We want to support you to make the changes you need, so that you can be around your partner and children without hurting or scaring them. Talking about your problem will help you understand it better and make it easier to deal with.
The Positive Change programme starts with an individual assessment, where you will meet with a worker who will help you to explore the impact of your behaviour and decide if the group will be right for you.
Each group is facilitated by two workers. Weekly evening sessions will help you learn how to:
• Develop respect for yourself.
• Become a better parent.
• Recognise abusive behaviours and the warning signs that lead up to them.
• Develop self control to end behaviours you don’t feel comfortable about.
• Practice ways to choose alternatives to violence and abuse.
• Recognise the effects of your violence on family members.
• Develop ways to show your love and respect for (ex) partners and children.
• Understand how you developed the need to control others – looking at your upbringing and society and questioning what you’ve learned.
We offer take-home exercises and teach skills to help you to transform your relationship for the better.
Do you need the Positive Change Programme?
Have you ever acted like this towards your partner?
Physical abuse: Slapped, punched or kicked her, pushed / shoved her or restrained her.
Intimidation: Punched walls / doors, smashed things, frightened her by looks, gestures or actions.
Isolation: Kept her from going places (school, work etc), disapproved of her friends and relatives, questioned her about her whereabouts.
Minimizing, denying and blaming: Made light of abuse, said abuse was her fault or blamed it on drink or stress.
Using children: Told the children she was not a good mother, threatened to take the children away, told the children they don’t need to follow her rules, undermining her authority.
Coercion and threats: Threatened to harm her, threatened to harm her friends or relatives.
Cost per Session
Cost per Hour
Cost per Day
Over 2's Cost per Week
Under 2's Cost per Week
|Monday||From 09:00||To 17:00|
|Tuesday||From 09:00||To 17:00|
|Wednesday||From 09:00||To 17:00|
|Thursday||From 09:00||To 17:00|
|Friday||From 09:00||To 17:00|