Toyhouse Libraries Association
Toyhouse promotes the education and social development of children and adults, by working with parents, guardians, carers and families through partnerships and supportive networks, in particular through the provision of facilities, services and resources for their recreation or other leisure time occupation and providing equality of opportunity for play for the well being of all children.
Toyhouse Believes That:
• Play is crucial to all children’s learning and development
• Parents / caregivers are a child’s first & most enduring educator
• All children & their families deserve high quality services & support
• To provide good quality play provision, toys and resources for young children and their carers to enjoy together
• To provide a supportive, safe and stimulating environment in which adults can meet, relate and develop friendships & supportive networks
• To disseminate the view that play is fun, is central to ongoing child development and to promoting lifelong learning
• To signpost young families to other services relevant to their situation and their needs.
• To provide training in Toy Librarianship and Family Support accessible to anyone in Tower Hamlets
• Toyhouse, working with families, as a non profit making organisation based in Tower Hamlets
• Actively facilitates and promotes play as central to all children's well-being
• Supporting a network of Member Groups
• Empowers local communities through volunteering and training opportunities
This is a Toy Library and family support service for families in their own home. The service visits families once a month on a pre-arranged basis. The family can come down to the van to select a range of toys (both specialist and generic) to borrow and play with together for a month. Where appropriate the worker spends time in the home with the family.
At the Toyhouse Centre we offer a range of Parent & child play sessions, parenting courses, baby massage and after school clubs.
• 10-11.30 baby group for parents & babies under 1 year old
• 13.30-14.30 Toddler play & Rhyme time
• After School: Movers & Muncher 15.30-17.00 - a fun cooking and movement workshop for children 4-10 years old and their parents
• 10-12.30 Cook, Community & Culture: Parents & children under 5 can enjoy a 6 session course where we share and learn more about our local community, includes cooking.
• 13.30-15.00 parent & toddler drop in with Toy Library
• Mellow parenting: a 14 week parenting course for mums & their under 5’s
• 9.30-11.00 Learning through play for parents & under 5’s
• 15.30-17.00 After School Games Club for children 4-10yrs and their parents
• 9.30-11.30 Drop in with Toy Library: parents & under 5’s
• Baby massage courses run each half term: contact us for details