Construction and Employability Training
• Step 1: Pre Screening -This is to determine the young person’s eligibility. Please send over their full name, contact number, DOB and full postcode.
• Step 2: IAG and sign up - Once a young person is eligible we will book a face to face sign up appointment with them where they will also receive information, advice and guidance about their career choice and the construction programme.
• NEET aged 16-24
• Right to live and work in the UK - a valid passport OR birth certificate
• Proof of address – an official letter dated in the last 3 months such as a bank statement, utility bill or benefits letter
• NI number
• Looking for work, traineeship, apprenticeship or further education and able to start this after the programme
Photo ID: Our programme requires young people to sit an online health and safety test as well as attend a centre for their CSCS green card test. Both require photo ID so it’s worth the young person having this in place before the course starts.
• During and following the programme, young people will be liaising with our progression team to understand the best next steps for them in their career. We work with local organisations within boroughs, who are ready and waiting to provide interviews and work experience, once they have achieved the above qualifications.
• We will work with the young person to bring together careers advice and guidance, employment, skills, apprenticeships and business support for them.
• Progression is an integral part of our programme. The training helps to prepare young people to enter the work place the progression team will help to find that right position.
Ages: 16-24 year old