Doorstep Library's Online Read and Play
Doorstep Library is a UK based, not-for-profit community organisation dedicated to bringing the gift of books and the joy of reading directly into the homes of children across London, who need our support. With one in four 11 year olds leaving primary school unable to read or write properly, we recruit and train home and online-reading volunteers to go into some of the most disadvantaged areas in London to help introduce young children (aged 0-11 years) to the pleasure of reading.
We use books to fuel children’s natural love of stories, fire their imaginations, and encourage their appreciation of reading. Our ultimate goal is to help them develop the self-confidence and essential skills they need to access all the opportunities that will come their way in life.
Every week, trained volunteers deliver Online Read and Play sessions for
children aged 0-4. These free sessions offer a chance for families to come
together and enjoy stories, songs and play as a group. Join other young
children and parents/carers in an engaging and interactive session where the
aim is to have fun!
- Sessions take place weekly on Wednesday mornings and afternoons (after school)
- Sessions last about 25-30 minutes
- Sessions will be for children aged 0-4
- An adult must be present throughout the session
- Sessions are drop-in, you just need to register your interest to find out more