Mental Health Awareness Week; 10th - 16th May 2021
Mental Health Awareness Week starts on Monday 10th May to Sunday 16th May. The theme this year is nature and the environment, focusing on the Mental Health benefits of the natural world.
During these long months of the pandemic, millions of us have and are still turning to nature for respite. Some made the most of being able to walk outside during the first lockdown, one of the only things we could do, it ended up being part of a coping strategy for many.
Here are few resources and information;
- Top tips for connecting with nature – some top tips on how you can build your own connection with nature
- Mental Health Awareness Week Q&A
- Resources to celebrate “Nature”
- NHS advice and information about Mental Health
- Rethink Mental Illness
- 5 ways to Wellbeing
- Information on taking care of your mental wellbeing during the coronavirus pandemic – includes advice for key workers, coping with anxiety about masks, and accessing mental health treatment and support
- Looking after a child or young person’s mental health
- Mental health and self-care for young people
- Public Health England – Every Mind Matters resources