Are you 14-18 years old and looking for a Career in healthcare?
NHS Cadets is a new scheme created in partnership with the NHS, to provide 14-18 years old from under represented communities with opportunities to explore a career in healthcare.
Young people who are interested in a healthcare career are accepted as long as they fulfil one or more of the criteria below:
- Learning Difficulties and Disabilities (we will need to discuss if we have the support network to help them participate)
- Young people in Care
- Refugee/Asylum Seekers Young Carers
- Homeless Young People
- Those previously involved with drugs or alcohol misuse
- NEET or Poor results
- Mental Health (same principle as anyone with a learning difficult or disability)
- Low income families
- Young people in receipt of free school meals
- BAME young people whose race/religion could be or has been a barrier to considering a pathway to healthcare
Due to the current COVID-19 outbreak, NHS Cadets is running virtually to adhere to Government guidelines on social distancing.