Step-by-step lifting of restrictions: key dates
17 May 2021
- People can meet in groups of up to 30 outdoors.
- Six people or two households can meet indoors, with domestic overnight stays permitted.
- Restaurants, bars and pubs can serve food and alcohol to customers indoors.
- Up to 30 people can attend weddings or other life events, like christenings.
- Outdoor entertainment such as museums, theatres and children’s play areas can open.
- Performances and large events can restart, but there will be limits on audience numbers.
- Hotels, hostels and B&Bs can reopen.
- Adult indoor group sports and exercise classes can restart.
21st June 2021
- Removal of all legal limits on Social Contact - dependent upon current situaton.
- Re-open remaining premises such as nightclubs and further ease the restrictions on large events and performances. This will be subject to the Events Research Programme to test the outcome of pilot events throughout the spring and summer.
- Continue with 'Hands, Face, Space'.
- Check with your local place of worship for the latest advice.