Home learning resources and useful information for parents
Following the recent lockdown announcements, many of you will be feeling anxious about how best to support students over the coming weeks and months. We have put together loads of useful home learning resources:
BBC TV Education
- Starting on Monday 11 January, each week day on CBBC channel you will see a three- hour block of primary school programming from 9am, including BBC live lessons and BBC Bitesize Daily, as well as other educational programming such as Our School and Celebrity Supply Teacher and much loved titles such as Horrible Histories, Art Ninja and Operation Ouch.
- BBC Two will cater for secondary students with programming to support the GCSE curriculum, with a least two hours on content each weekday.
Other Education Resources
- Teach – Whether you’re at home or at school, you can use BBC Teach for free. The website is home to thousands of free curriculum-mapped videos, arranged by age-group and subject.
- Department for Education has a list of online education resources for home education organised from ages 2 to 4; primary education; secondary education; and, special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
- Twinkl Home Learning Hub
- STEM Learning – Home learning support for families
- Tes – Home learning resources for primary and secondary learners
- Classroom Secrets
- Oxford Owl – Help your child learn
- Tynker – Coding for kids made easy
- YouTube – Free School Videos
- Education and Learning
- Support with education and childcare at home
We have put together loads of useful resources, including advice, support, information and activities which you can use while spending time at home.
- Home Resources
- Fun Family Activities
- Arts and Crafts
- Theatre, Museum tours and Activities
- Music, Dance and Exercise
Useful Information for Parents
We have put together some useful information, webinars and parenting sessions to help you during these difficult times.
- Free Virtual sessions for parents in 2021 - Parental Engagement Team has launched a new schedule of sessions for 2021. The sessions have proved to be an invaluable source of support for parents at a time when they may be struggling to navigate the new learning landscape.
- Virtual SEND Parent Support Group
- Education, Health & Care Plan (EHCP) Virtual Workshop - The Tower Hamlets & City SEND Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS) are offering an online workshop for parents to provide key information about the EHCP process
- Annual Review Virtual Workshop for Professionals -The Tower Hamlets & City SEND Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS) are offering an online workshop for parents to discuss key issues about an EHCP Annual Review.
- Raise Resilience London Parents - Helping Children Thrive Is More Important Than Ever - Join six 1-hour sessions to explore and build your resilience and get learning materials for your children.
- Support for speech and language issues in young children - This workshop will help you to think about how you can best communicate with your child and how you can share this knowledge with those in their early years and school settings.