Health service complaints
Complaints, comments and suggestions for health services Health services and organisations are keen to hear the views of service users, carers and the local community about their experiences of services.
Telling us your views, whether it be a comment or a complaint, helps us to know what we are doing well, learn lessons from mistakes, and prevent them happening to anyone else.
The main health services and organisations in Tower Hamlets are:
1. Barts Health NHS Trust, which covers:
- The Royal London Hospital
- Tower Hamlets Community Services, e.g. physiotherapy
- Mile End Hospital
- The London Chest Hospital
- St Bartholomew’s Hospital
2. East London NHS Foundation Trust, which provides mental health services, including Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services
3. General practices (GPs), dentists, pharmacies and optometrists
4. Tower Hamlets Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), which is responsible for planning, buying and monitoring (a process known as commissioning) a range of local health services. Tower Hamlets CCG is responsible for commissioning most hospital, community-based and mental health services. A national body called NHS England is responsible for commissioning GP and specialist services and the local council looks after public health services.
How do I make a complaint or provide comments and suggestions?
If you would like to make a complaint or comment about a health service that you have received, please click on the links below for further details:
1. Barts Health NHS Trust: or call 020 7480 4776 or 020 7480 4719
2. East London NHS Foundation Trust: or call 0800 085 8354 (freephone number)
3. GPs, dentists, pharmacies and optometrists: contact the service directly or the NHS England customer contact centre:
- Call: 0300 311 2233 (charged at a local rate)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: NHS England, PO Box 16738, Redditch B97 9PT
- Website: www.england.nhs.uk/
4. If you have a complaint relating to the way an NHS service has been commissioned, or you have been directly affected by a commissioning decision made by Tower Hamlets CCG, please contact the North and East London Commissioning Support Unit (NEL CSU) Patient Experience and Effectiveness Team, which is an NHS organisation that manages the complaints process on behalf of Tower Hamlets CCG.