Suitable for ages
Age of Users
A school clothing grant can help towards the cost of a school uniform for children aged 11 who are changing from primary to secondary school. Only one grant is payable during a child’s school life. Applications can only be made between 30 June and 30 September each year. Late applications will only be considered in exceptional circumstances. To qualify the child’s parent or guardian must be receiving one of the following:
• Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
• Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
• Income Support
• Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
• Support from NASS (National Asylum Support Service) under part IV of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999,
• Have an annual income less than £15860 (excluding child benefit and child tax credit). Where a family receives housing benefit or council tax benefit from Tower Hamlets, the grant is normally paid without the need to make a separate application.
However, if a separate application is needed, families need to:
• Fill in an application form (available from schools, One Stop Shops or by telephoning the Benefits Service on 020 7364 5001
• Provide proof of their income
• Take the completed form and proof of income to your nearest One Stop Shop.