Suitable for ages
Age of Users
M-PACT is best described as a psychosocial and educational brief intervention
that takes a whole family approach.
The programme has been designed to ensure that those children and young people who may feel that they have been overlooked, know that they have not been forgotten. By attending the programme they realise that there are people who recognise what they have to cope with in their daily lives. They see that they can ask for help, if necessary from outside of the family.
• The key aims and objectives of the programme are:
• To support children and young people whose parents misuse (or have misused) drugs and/or alcohol
• To raise parents’ awareness about the impact that their misuse has on the whole family
• To offer the opportunity for change that is unlikely without external help
• To reduce the negative impact of substance misuse on children and young people and the family as a whole
• To improve communication within the family
• To strengthen protective and resilience factors
• To provide education around substance misuse
• To increase the range of coping strategies and to raise self esteem
• To identify additional needs of both parents, children and young people and guide them towards further help
Contact the number provided for further information.
|Monday||From 09:30||To 17:00|
|Tuesday||From 09:30||To 17:00|
|Wednesday||From 09:30||To 17:00|
|Thursday||From 09:30||To 17:00|
|Friday||From 09:30||To 17:00|