Suitable for ages
Age of Users
NAS Tower Hamlets Autism Support is a project that is being run by the National Autistic Society in partnership with the London Borough of Tower Hamlets (Integrated Services for Disabled Children) and PCT. We provide support to the parents or carers of children and young people with an autism spectrum disorder (ASD) living in the borough.
We can give advice, information and suggestions to help with the behavioural, emotional and practical challenges of living with a child with an ASD.
Some of the services we offer include:
• A home visit, as soon as requested after diagnosis, to meet families and discuss their needs and concerns
• Information and advice to help families learn more about ASDs and gain confidence in meeting their child’s needs
• Information about local services appropriate to the needs of the family
• Support in accessing these services
• Ongoing telephone support if desired
• Seminars and workshops about ASDs that are tailored to the expressed needs of families
• A small lending library of books on ASDs and related topics
We can help support any family living in Tower Hamlets with a child or children (up to the age of 19 years) with a diagnosis of an ASD, including Asperger syndrome. Our aim is to help parents soon after diagnosis, but we can also offer support at other times of need. We would particularly like to help isolated parents and carers, such as those from minority ethnic communities and single parent families. We can provide interpreters where needed.
A Family Support Worker from this service works with parents and carers with children with Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD) to improve their knowledge of autism and their confidence in caring for their child.
Support is provided through one to one visits, over the telephone or through group workshops and seminars. Support includes sign-posting parents to available services. Support is offered at post-diagnostic stage as well as at other times of need.
|Monday||From 09:30||To 17:30|
|Tuesday||From 09:30||To 17:30|
|Wednesday||From 09:30||To 17:30|
|Thursday||From 09:30||To 17:30|
|Friday||From 09:30||To 17:30|